We understand that privacy is important to our online visitors and users. We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable steps to safeguard and protect your information as if it was our own.
This policy will help you understand what personal data AdmissionsDay collects; how it collects, holds, uses and discloses that information; and the purposes of collection and disclosure.
Last updated: 18th May 2019.
Nature of change: to add in detail of use of Hotjar for site polls and analytics.
We collect and process the following personal data, for the following reasons:
- IP addresses: We store server logs of computers that have accessed AdmissionsDay.co.uk and their IP addresses for 30 days, after which time they are deleted. These logs are used by security software to protect our servers against certain kinds of attacks. All users' behaviour is monitored by Google Analytics (unless you have opted out with Google directly), but we only send a portion of your IP address to them to ensure you remain anonymous to them.
- Login data: We collect your email address in order to send you transactional emails for activation, invoicing, password reset and so on. We do not currently send any marketing emails, and will only do so to people who have opted in.
- Location data: We collect a postcode (which doesn't necessarily have to be the postcode where you live) when you sign up in order to customise the website to you, and ensure you see schools in the area you are interested in.
- Payment data: When purchasing our service, data required to carry out the transaction will be shared with regulated third party payment providers (Stripe or PayPal) in order for the payment to be processed. Your data will not be shared with any third party which is not named in our terms.
If you have entered any of your data incorrectly when creating an account, or if you would like us to delete your account and remove your data from our website, please contact us.
We only use your data in order to provide and improve the service we give to you. See our Terms & Conditions for details.
The service is securely hosted on Digital Ocean. All transactions are end-to-end encrypted between your browser and the server processing the data with HTTPS, which is the same technology you use to communicate with your bank.
We do not disclose your data to advertisers under any circumstances.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if this Service is acquired by a third party, in which case data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if it is necessary to provide you with the service you have signed up for.
- if we have specifically obtained your consent to do so.
Our servers never handle credit card information.
We use Stripe for credit card payments. Stripe is a trusted payment provider which handles billions of dollars each year. It's used by well known companies such as Salesforce, Twitter and Kickstarter.
You can choose the “remember me” option during checkout, and Stripe will remember your credit card details. These details are then stored with Stripe, and not on our servers. This is useful if you might want to buy more access to AdmissionsDay in future.
AdmissionsDay puts small files (known as 'cookies') onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
- Admissionsday.co.uk: used for logged in users to remember when you are logged in with your email address, customise the location of the map to the area you are interested in, and ensure that you have access to all the data you've paid for.
- Google Analytics: used to monitor how you use AdmissionsDay — the pages you visit, how long you are on the site, what you click on, how you got here and information about your browser. We use the Anonymise IP flag when sending them data so only a portion of your IP address is stored by them. You can fully opt out of Google Analytics by installing the official plugin to block it.
- Hotjar: used to monitor where you click on AdmissionsDay to generate heatmaps of the site, and to enable site surveys that ask users questions about their usage.
- Stripe.com: used to track your payments during checkout and, if you opt in, to make it quicker to pay a second time.
- Mapbox.com: used by them to monitor requests to their mapping service and to improve the service they offer.
Some of the cookies are on the admissionsday.co.uk domain, some on the domains of the third party services.
Trusted Third Parties
We share some information where necessary with trusted third parties in order for us to provide our service:
- Digital Ocean: our website and all the data contained in our database run on their infrastructure.
- Stripe: we share payment data, as described above, to allow you to purchase access to AdmissionsDay.
- Mailgun: we share your email address, in order for us to send you transactional emails.
- OpenCage: we share location information that you enter into the site, in order to geocode it and position our maps accordingly.
If you'd like more information about any of this, please contact us.